RULES AND PROCEDURES OF EDUCATIONAL TOURS AT KLAIPĖDA DRAMA THEATRE
1. Educational tours (hereinafter the tours) in Klaipėda Drama Theatre are implemented in compliance with the operational objectives of the theatre and obligations of the ES project “Appliance of Klaipėda Drama Theatre Premises at Teatro str. 2 For the Needs of Cultural Tourism“
2. The target audience of the tours is people of various age and social status. It includes nursery-school children, pupils, students, disabled people, senior citizens and others.
3. The objective is to introduce public to unique history of the building which goes back to XVIII century, and the capabilities of the reconstructed and currently the most modern theatre of Lithuania. The tour of backstage uncovers some theatre mysteries, offers the possibility to take a closer look at theatre as a source of indefinite creativity and witness the work of theatre staff up-close.
4. Participants must make reservations in advance. Optimal time of registration is two weeks before the date.
5. In accordance with internal procedures of the theatre and the nature of activity the available time for tours is from 9 AM to 11 AM and from 2 PM to 4 PM.
6. In order to meet the interests of participants and satisfy the need for knowledge of all groups, the nature of narrative and walk in the theatre is applied individually to separate age groups.
7. If pre-school children and primary school pupils participate in the tour the number of assisting individuals. If people of special needs participate in the tour assisting individuals must participate as well and a theatre contact person must be informed. There means are necessary in order to arrange and implement a tour and guarantee the safety of participants.
8. Educational tours in the oldest Lithuanian theatre are improvisational because such form is determined by the theatre activities. Due to rehearsals or set installment which can take place in the Big Hall, Small Hall or Chamber hall the tour cannot always be arranged in the aforementioned halls.
9. In case there is no possibility to arrange a tour at one or several halls, the participants visit other places such as the dress-making workshop, costume and make-up rooms, set storage and the theatre museum.
10. During the tour people are introduced to unique history of the building which goes back to XVIII century, and the capabilities of the reconstructed and currently the most modern theatre of Lithuania. They can experience the professional art from a perspective that is usually unseen by the theatre goers.
11. Inside the building participants must comply with the internal procedures of the theatre, be careful, meet human safety and fire safety requirements.
12. Assisting individuals are responsible for the safety of participants during the tour.
13. In case of need, excursions may be organized for persons with physical disabilities. It is necessary to agree in advance.
14. Tour price:
Adult person – 4 Euros;
for children, pupils, students, the disabled, seniors – 2 euros.
15. The excursion is for the group of 10-20 people.
16. Duration of the tour: from 30 to 45 minutes.
17. For excursions please contact: +370 616 49589, firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos by: Vilija Paulauskaitė